Wednesday 23 September 2015

A couple of locals

The other night there was a lone and very vocal male frog just outside our door. He didn't shut up all night which didn't bother us but he definitely seemed to be wasting a lot of energy. Last night it stormed and rained quite heavily so he obviously knew his stuff and was just getting a jump on the opposition. Seeing as he was so vocal I decided to check him out and then take a wander up to the shed and see if anything else was out and about as well. The results of about five minutes of my time and a couple of laps around the shed are shared below.

The noisy little bugger, a male Broad-palmed Frog. I love the eyes.


A common but unwelcome alien to South East Queensland and many other areas, an Asian House Gecko. These guys are abundant on the walls of our home but we don't see them on or in the shed which isn't far from the house, probably because the shed lights are rarely used.


This fella was lapping up moisture from a leaking concrete water tank behind my shed. A large and very beautiful Southern Spotted Velvet Gecko.


A equally large and attractive Robust Velvet Gecko on the back door of the shed. Unfortunately my phone rang just as I spotted this one and I rushed the photo hence the out of focus shot. I wish that I had spent a bit more time on it as it was a really nice specimen and pretty trippy looking with the half original half re-generated tail.


This Grey Huntsman was freakin huge, big enough to tackle one of the resident geckos I reckon. Either that or it would make an awesome feed for one of them.


And finally another very common but introduced blow in the Cane Toad.


Just a short post today, catch up again soon.

Cheers,

Mike.





No comments:

Post a Comment